I have seen so many of these blog awards floating around for ages and I always wondered if my blog would ever be good enough to get a nomination. I was very kindly nominated for the first time by the lovely KatilynInTheMiddle. I’d like to thank you so much for this as it has made my day! It’s so lovely that the blogosphere is able to award each other for our blogs as a lot of time and effort goes into making posts!
I believe this award was created by Okoto Enigma🌼 What a fantastic concept! I admire your creativity.
I would like to start off by telling you the 10 amazing bloggers I have nominated for this award:
Joy The Witch
jodi – a brash attitude
Below I have given you the rules of this award, so if I have nominated you, you know what to do! ❤️
- Put the award logo on your post.
- DON’T FORGET TO POST THE RULES
- Make sure you thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to them as well
- Tell your followers 3 things they don’t know about you
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify them by commenting on their blog
- Ask whoever you may nominate any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird/funny question
- Share a link to your best posts
My 5 questions for you guys are:
- If you had to only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What country do you want to visit and why?
- What made you start blogging?
- Which actor/actress would you choose to play you in a movie about yourself?
- (I have to steal this one) Most embarrassing moment?
3 Things About Me (They Might Shock You!)
- You all know from my blog that I adore makeup and I am such a girly girl, but the other part of me is actually really into watching motor sport. I like watching speedway and going to events and enjoying the raw-ness of it.
- I don’t like pizza – please don’t hate me 😥
- I am an old fashioned kind of girl: I adore music from the 80’s rather than modern, I adore the old fashioned fairytale love etc. I think I was born in the wrong era
Katilyn kindly asked me some questions a long side this award so I am going to answer them as best I can.
1. Do you feel the need to follow blog trends? If so, how do you keep up with them?
Honestly, I have never kept up to date with trends. I write and post about what I want which works for me. Personally I am not a fan of seeing a hundred posts on the same topic. I like a variety but that is just personal preferance.
2. How do you stay motivated to write your posts?
I have this cute blog book which I write ideas and things in for different posts. If you write about doing a hundred posts you will never run out, especially in the beauty industry as there is so much you can talk about and do.
3. What do you feel is the hardest thing about blogging?
I think it is keeping to a schedule. When I first started I wanted to put up posts twice a week but with working full time and posts taking a long time to make I only post once a week and maybe twice if I can get a good post done.
4. What are your top 3 favorite beauty products?
Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind
Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash
Brows: Freedom Dip Brow Pomade
5. What is your favorite book turned movie?
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
Bonus Silly Question:
6. If you would like to share, what is the funniest thing to happen to you in public?
This is a very true story! I was actually on Goodge Street in London heading up to Tottenham Court road to do some shopping. I was wearing platform boots and there was a raised slab on the pathway. So, like an idiot, I stacked it!!! I didn’t fall completely over, I managed to catch my balance but all I heard was this voice say “are you alright love?”. I looked up and it was none other than comedian Russell Brand. I was so embarrassed, I went as red as a post box!
My Best Posts
My best posts which you guys seem to love are the makeup looks. Especially from the series I did called “Out of My Comfort Zone”. If you want to check them out then feel free, all the support is much appreciated. ❤️